Are you looking for a challenge that puts you at the center of Microsoft’s security strategy for protecting and securing access to critical business assets? Microsoft’s Windows Devices Group (WDG) is responsible for some of Microsoft’s largest and most important online services including the Commerce Platform, Windows Update, Windows Marketplace, Xbox Live, Microsoft Game Studios, and many more. The WDG Information Security (WDG_IS) team is looking for an experienced and motivated senior developer to deliver performant, reliable and scalable services and tools to protect and monitor high valued assets across WDG. You’ll work with stakeholders in all disciplines to help design and deliver software services that protect assets by providing strong identity guarantees, just-in-time access and enhanced monitoring. This position will require cross team, org and division collaboration on large security initiatives and development of security threat and vulnerability management strategies.
We are looking for a senior developer with strong technical, problem solving and design skills and a drive for execution and results, with an emphasis on delivering quality. We value passion, creativity, a desire to learn new complex technical areas, agility and accountability. The ideal candidate also has a detail-oriented outlook, is obsessed with all aspects of cybersecurity, and is focused on solving complex problems. If you can work independently and in teams to design and deliver secure and reliable solutions that delight your customers, we want to hear from you.
– Build secure, multitenant, scalable web experiences and backend services for managing access to environments and devices that power our flagship product and service development.
– Collaborate with product and engineering teams across the company to ensure security and identity best practices are leveraged as we roll out new features and expand our service offerings.
– Working closely with our partner teams to design and deliver best in class tools and applications to support our customer’s business needs.
– Produce design docs, threat models and participate in compliance reviews.
– Help mentor and guide your peers as we deliver high business impact using agile methodologies.
• 8+ Years of software development experience.
• Strong knowledge on data structures and algorithms with good experience on .Net technologies.
• REST service design and implementation including security considerations.
• Deep understanding of design patterns and industry best practices for software engineering.
• Demonstrated success in building exceptionally secure, reliable and scalable applications software.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, proven attention to detail; proven ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations; ability to deal with ambiguity and complex problem solving; and great cross-group and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to grow and mentor junior developers and recruit new talent to the team and org.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
• Experience using Agile Methodology or Scrum software development.
• Experience with Microsoft SDLC.
• Experience with Microsoft’s portfolio of Identity technologies such as Active Directory, Azure A.D., certificates and MFA technologies.
• VSO, GIT, and Visual Studio.
• Prior experience working on a security focused team.
• MCSE, CISSP, ISSAP, CCIE Security, GCIA, or GCFW Certifications is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.